He has completed his Graduation (Bachelors in Physical Therapy) from Central H.N.B Garhwal University Uttarakhand, and Post Graduate Program (Masters in Physical Therapy- Orthopaedics) from Chaudhary Charan Singh University Meerut Uttar Pradesh.
Education and Certifications
- Certified International Master Trainer in Desmotec Sports Rehab Training from Italy
- Certified in Posture alignment therapy from USA
- Certified in Ankylosing spondylitis Rehab from USA
- Certified Manual therapist
- Certified in Taping techniques
- Certified in Osteopathy
- Certified in Spinal Manipulation
- Certified in Cyriax Technique
His areas of expertise lie in the areas of posture alignment, Sports Rehab Training, Manual Therapy, musculoskeletal conditions, orthopedics conditions, Pre & Post-Operative Rehabilitation, Complex surgeries rehab and Sports Injuries. He is certified in Posture alignment therapy, Osteopathy & Chiropractic, Ankylosing spondylitis, Manual therapy, Kinesio Taping, Dry needling.
He served his expertise as Incharge of Physiotherapy Department at Medanta the Medicity hospital, Gurugram with more than 13 years of experience. Prior to this, Dr. Sarvotam Chauhan has been associated with reputed hospitals like Max super specialty hospital, Fortis Hospital, to name a few.
Honors and Rewards
- ‘Atal Swasthaya Bhushan Samman’ by Honourable Lok Sabha speaker ‘Shri Om Birla’ at NDMC Center Delhi on 21 Dec 2019.
- ‘Significant Contribution Award’ in Spine Aid International Conference at India international center New Delhi 16 Feb 2020.
- ‘Certificate of Appreciation Award’ 1st July 2020 by Artemis Hospital Gurgaon.
- ‘Outstanding Achievement Award’ 1st Feb 2020 at Dolphin Institute of Biomedical and Natural Sciences Dehradun.
- ‘Best Clinician Award’ on 30 Nov 2019 at Sam Higginbottom University Allahabad.
- ‘Physio Ratan Award, Medanta Hospital 2019.
- ‘Outstanding Achievement Award’ 3rd March 2019.
- ‘Clinical Excellence Award’ from Asian Hospital Faridabad 19 Jan 2019.
- ‘Significant Achievement Award’ 2018 at UPCON Lucknow 25 Nov 2018.
- ‘Significant Contribution Award’ at IAMR Ghaziabad 30 Sep 2018.
- ‘Clinical Excellence Award’ in Critical Care Rehab Seminar at Medanta The Medicity Gurugram on 6 Sep 2018.
- ‘Clinical Excellence Award’ in IAPCON 25 March 2018.
- 1‘Best Clinician Award’ in Sports connect 18 Feb 2018.
- Member of Delhi council of physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Life member of Indian association of physiotherapist
- Article published in Mail today national Newspaper on ‘knee replacement myths’ Delhi on 06 Dec-2011
- Article published in Indian Menopause Society “Poise” Health magazine national issue on ‘Knee replacement’ Oct 2012 edition
- Article published in Gurgaon today newspaper on ‘Back pain’ 07 June-2013
- Article published in Gurgaon today newspaper on ‘Working environment’ 27 May-2015
- Article published in Uday Sarvodya magazine on ‘Sports injuries’ July 2017 issue
- Article published in Dainik jagran national issue, on ‘Text neck’ 23 Aug 2017
- Article published in Dainik jagran national issue, on ‘Importance of Physiotherapy’ World Physiotherapy Day 06 Sep 2017
- Article published in Dainik jagran national issue, on ‘World Arthritis Day’ 11 Oct 2017
- Article published in Dainik jagran national issue, on ‘World Diabetes Day’ 14 Nov 2017
- Article published in Dainik jagran national issue, on ‘Ankylosing spondylitis’ 10 Jan 2018
- Article published in Dainik jagran national issue, on ‘Sciatica’ 11 April 2018
- Article published in Dainik jagran national issue, on ‘High Heels Effects on body’ on World Physiotherapy day 5 Sep 2018
- Article published in Dainik jagran national issue, on ‘Parkinson’s’ on world Parkinson’s day 22 May 2019
- Participated in All India Radio ‘News and Health’ programme on 11 jan-2012
He is also a Life Member of Indian Association of Physiotherapists, Member of Delhi Council of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy
He believes in a manual approach in dealing with his patients and often follows PAT, DESMOTEC Sports Method, Manipulation, Mulligan, McKenzie and Maitland Approach to manual therapy procedures. He has developed dexterity in handling machine/modality-based procedures and high dexterity in applying different types of Exercise therapy
He has published more than 30 articles on Sports injuries, Ankylosing spondylitis, Sciatica, Text Neck, Knee Replacement Myths, Joint Arthritis, and Role of physiotherapy in Diabetis, Heavy School Bags, and Correct Posture published in various national papers e.g Dainik Jagran, Mail Today, and Health Magazines. He has also conducted workshops in the areas of Ergonomics in companies such as Harley Davidson, BMW, Webhelp, NIIT Coorporate , RBS, Punj Lloyd, Indian Railways and many other corporates.